Did you know February is National Berry Month?
Older adults are recommended to eat 1.5 – 2 cups of fruit daily.
You can add berries to your daily fruit intake for a nutritious AND delicious boost.
Noteworthy Nutrients of Berries:
Antioxidants, Fiber, Folate, and Potassium
Ways to Boost Berry Intake:
- Enjoy them as a fresh snack.
- Add to oatmeal, salad, or yogurt.
- Blend into smoothies or shakes.
- Top with no sugar added cereals to replace with natural carbohydrates.
- Mix with different nuts for a homemade trail mix.
- Flavor water with berries.
- Cook berries into a homemade jam or spread for wholegrain toast.