Can you feel it in the air yet? Fall will soon be upon us!
In order to honor the season and to promote good health, here is a tasty, simple, and healthy recipe to kickstart the Fall.
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats uncooked
- 1 teaspoon dried chia seed
- dash of salt to taste
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- In a microwave-safe bowl stir together the chia seeds and dry oats.
- Add water, almond milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, spice and salt, and stir to combine.
- Microwave on high until boiling, for about 2.5 minutes. (Microwave times may vary. Watch out for boil-over!)
- Let sit in microwave for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from microwave and stir in maple syrup.
- Add more toppings, if desired! I added chopped walnuts (adds additional points). Chopped dates, raisins or craisins would also be delicious (note extra points).
Macros: 4g protein, 4g fat, 36g carbohydrate