It’s that time of the year again: the “new year, new me” saga. How often are those words said with real intention but no real commitment. So, how can we actually achieve these New Years’ resolutions?
- Set realistic goals – ensure that you don’t set yourself up for failure.
- Write them down – Statistics show people who write down their goals have over an 80% higher success rate of achieving them. Take your vision and turn it into a written list of concrete goals.
- Choose an accountability partner – someone you can trust to keep you on track and hold you accountable. Set a specific date and time workout schedule and commit to meeting on a weekly basis to review your goals. The important thing to remember is that you are creating new habits, developing a new routine.
- Set a definite timeframe for each of your goals. Ensure that you make both your short term and long term goals. Understand the difference.
- Utilize all available tools, trainers, videos, blogs – don’t buy fake marketing tools, secret pills and formulas.
- Be sure to pace yourself – don’t overdo it. You are more likely to not achieve your goals if you hurt yourself and are unable to take the next steps.
- Find the right trainer – visit NBS and take advantage of the free assessment with trainers to ensure that you gather enough information so that you feel secure that you are working in a supportive and helpful environment.
If you follow these steps, you can be assured of reaching your new year’s resolution, which as we know, is one of life’s most sought after achievements. And, most importantly, remember to be kind to yourself. There might be days that you will want to avoid these tips but I am confident that if you stay strong and hold the course you will be successful. Wishing you the best of luck in 2018!